Contract: Temporary [9-month maternity cover]
Salary: £24,000 – £28,000 per annum pro rata
Hours: 32 hours a week, including occasion evening and weekends
Responsible to: Fundraising Manager
Location: Stonebridge, Greater London
Deadline: Friday 1st February 2021
We are recruiting a temporary Communications Officer to cover a period of 9 months of maternity leave. This position will implement the charity’s communications strategy and support the Fundraising Manager. The post will work closely with senior staff to manage internal and external communications and marketing campaigns to raise the profile of the charity, engage new audiences and existing stakeholders, and generate income.
We are seeking a highly articulate and proactive individual with a flair for communications and 3 years’ experience in a similar communications role. The candidate will have excellent writing skills, be a confident communicator and an organised self-starter. You will have demonstrable experience of managing a diverse workload and being able to prioritise tasks and work under pressure. Graphic design skills would be desirable but not essential.
This is an immensely rewarding role working in a dynamic charity built on an ethos of sharing, hospitality, and inclusivity. We are looking for an exceptionally committed individual who is willing to go the extra mile and has flexibility to work during evenings and weekends when necessary. Through your activities, you will be able to convey the charity’s passion and commitment to supporting vulnerable people and demonstrate the impact of our interventions in transforming the lives of beneficiaries.
Flexible working hours/days are available to fit around childcare or other needs, including some home working.
To apply for this role, please submit the following by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
1. CV and a short Covering Letter that is no more than 2 pages long.
2. Completed Equal Opportunities Form.
3. Completed Work Task, which includes the following piece of work: Produce a Communications Plan to launch and drive a Winter Emergency Appeal for the charity. Please include a Press Release and a graphic design we could use on our website/social media pages. Note: The Work Task is not designed to test your understanding of the charity; it is to assess your writing, strategic and graphic design skills (graphic design skills are not essential for the role).
Moped Delivery Driver
Hours: Part-time / 4 days a week [Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday / 4pm-6pm]
Location: Stonebridge, London Borough of Brent
Salary: £1.20 per delivery
We are looking for one moped driver to make 12 to 15 deliveries per day throughout the Borough of Brent. All deliveries will be collected from our premises at 4pm.
– Must have the correct driving license.
– Must have your own moped, with correct insurance.
– DBS check required, we can provide you with one.
– Must be friendly – you will be representing our organisation.
Through your activities, you will be able to convey the charity’s passion and commitment to supporting vulnerable people and help the charity transform the lives of beneficiaries.
To apply for this role:
Please email us on email@example.com or call 020 8126 7782.