10,000 Smiles this Ramadan
To mark the start of Ramadan, local Muslim communities across North-West London have launched a special appeal to deliver 10,000 meals over the next 30 days to disadvantaged and vulnerable families in the local community.
At a cost of £2 per meal, the appeal will ensure that Sufra NW London’s Food Bank and Community Kitchen can support over 500 people over the next month.
You can donate towards the appeal here.
Other Ways to Get Involved this Ramadan:
1. Encourage your children to get into the habit of giving regularly to charity, by downloading a copy of our Ramadan Giving Calendar. For more information, click here.
2. Support needy individuals and families by donating your zakat to Sufra NW London. All zakat funds are restricted to providing emergency aid (including food, clothing and hostel accommodation) for poor families in the local community. For more information, click here.
3. Attend our Special Ramadan Evening with Syrian Refugees and listen to stories of newly arrived families who have been forced to flee conflict in their homeland and build a new life in the UK. For more information, click here.
4. Organise a food collection at your local mosque, school or workplace this Ramadan and help to fill up the Food Bank. For more information, click here.
5. Volunteer at Sufra NW London and commit to support vulnerable families throughout the year. For more information, click here.