NEXT COURSE DATES:
***THERE ARE NO FURTHER ROUNDS SCHEDULED UNTIL APRIL/MAY 2017 SUBJECT TO FUNDING***
Our Food Academy trains young people under the age of 25 years in basic cookery skills. During the course, participants will learn to cook 10 home-cooked meals, understand nutrition and how to maintain a healthy diet. We will go shopping, run a master-chef competition and learn to manage weekly budgets. And what’s more… it’s an accredited qualification, which can be used to apply for an apprenticeship or employment in the catering industry.
The Food Academy is a rolling programme with start dates for new rounds of the course announced regularly.
We welcome ALL young people to join the Food Academy. We are particularly keen on supporting:
• Young people not in education, employment or training
• Young people about to leave care or who have left care
• Young people with a previous history of drug or alcohol misuse
• Young people with mental health problems
• Young people who are ex-offenders
To register your interest, please complete a Registration Form, available here.