Our NHS Project is primarily designed to support patients who are:
- At risk of malnutrition or poor recovery on discharge from hospital;
- Living alone (or only with dependents);
- Unable to travel to the Food Bank; or
- Have difficulty in purchasing food –whether due to ill-health, disability or financial difficulties.
The service is free of charge and run in partnership with NHS hospitals, health centres and community-based nursing teams across North West London.
How does it work?
- NHS Department registers with Sufra NW London NHS Project
- We deliver pre-packed non-perishable parcels for you to store – you let us know how many you can keep at a time. Each parcel fits inside one bagforlife.
- When discharging or visiting patients, you distribute parcels at your discretion.
- When your stocks run low, you get in touch and we deliver more.