Roll up, roll up! Read all about Sufra’s Annual Garden Party
On Saturday 29th July, Sufra opened the St Raphael’s Garden gates to our annual Sufra Garden Party.
We’ve just about recovered!
We had all sorts going on –
We were lucky enough to have a range of musicians come down to share their talents with us all.
We started with a serenade from Abdullah, playing the tambur. He gathered the crowds!
Next we had a soul session from The Loose Bohemians – they got the crowd signing along and even had a few guest singers in the form of Maria and Billie! Go on girls!
For the final hour we had DJ Harvey, playing the tunes not only through the end of the party – but keeping going to keep us all motivated during the take-down too.
Stalls on stalls on stalls
There were a whole range of things available for local residents to browse –
- Ethically made organic suncreams
- Our friends from down at Bees & Refugees with delicious and local honey
- Metroland Cultures – informing us what we need to collect, for upcoming plans to build a Biodiversity Centre in the garden!
- Our famous Sufra Garden Market, usually 12 – 2 every Saturday had the company of lots more
- Lots of family support, with the Family Wellbeing Centre and Family and Children’s Inclusion Service, sharing information on available resources and taking referrals for follow-ups
- Small cuttings and a whole range of plants were also available – to recreate your very own St Raph’s Edible Garden in your own back yard!
- Lush, with hand massages for all that definitely lived up to the name. Our therapy yurt was well and truly therapeutic for the day 😊
- The tree circle was full of forest school-ers went bug hunting, toasted marshmallows and learnt the art of fire-lighting
- A busy crafts station was in full flow, with colouring, painting and all sorts of crafty activities happening
Food glorious food!
It wouldn’t be a Sufra party without delicious food
- Our wonderful volunteer Khadija was making za’atar flatbreads to order – alongside delicious homemade labneh and hummus. It was like being in Lebanon!
- The food stall was set up alongside with other Lebanese delights, for each garden visitor to have experienced a little Sufra hospitality
- Refreshments included your classic tea and coffee station – alongside mocktails and herbal drinks – all with ingredients harvested freshly that morning!
Big thanks to everyone who came along!